JUST AT THE GATE..





Walking back home with a friend, I was holding somethings underneath my arm but not tightly. As we walked and talked, I kept using my side eyes to confirm that what I was holding was still there. Getting to the door I realized that what I was holding had fallen off without my knowledge. I had to turn back to go get it/look for it. I realized that it had fallen just very close to the gate. 

Our certificate of salvation is our pass without which we cannot pass through the pearly gates. You might have given your life to Christ donkey years ago but you could lose it just in a split second; in fact even towards the very end of the race when you're close to the gate. If we go on each day in life carrying our experience loosely, then we are at the risk of loosing it without noticing. You might say "how possible is that?" But know that its very possible particularly when you're saddled with and carried away with lots of activities forgetting that the most important thing is your walk and intimate fellowship with God.

What's required of us is that we be very sensitive because though often repeated, "the devil is cunning and looking for whom to devour". He doesn't just pounce on you, no, he goes one step at a time; a virtue he's very much known for (patience). He knows our weaknesses and our struggles and its with these same things he seeks to make us fall. Be sober, vigilant and watchful. Guard your salvation; that's your passport. Whatever it is that is driving you into being nonchalant about God started with a thought, then an act, which then became a habit, a character which might shape your destiny. "Be watchful and prayerful for ye know not the hour your Lord doth come". Remain Blessed!!!

Comments