HIS WORD!!!


Sometime last month if I'm not mistaken, myself and my room mate were invited over for dinner by  two other friends. After the meal, we discussed  and  said our good nights and left. On our way home, I realized I forgot my phone at their house. So my room mate said she would ping our friends upstairs so that they could come down to give me the phone. I went and waited at the door, I didn't knock, I just waited because I just believed that my room mate would ping them and they would definitely bring it to me.

Isn't it surprising how we believe the words of our friends over God's words? I mean there are soo many promises wrapped up in the scriptures but it appears as though there's a default setting in us that takes the word of man, the word of the doctor, the lie of the devil as final. We even go to the extent of helping God by pulling strings to make things happen.

There are soo many things God wants to do in our lives, soo many promises He wants to fulfill, soo much love He wants to shower on us, but the challenge is we lack faith to hold tenaciously to His simple yet powerful Words. If only we could stop wallowing in self-sufficiency and move based on the assurance of His word, things/situations would be turned around. Let's have a positive attitude towards His word and hang on to it like our lives depended on it because it does. Remain Blessed!!!

Comments

  1. Yea' dis seriously got me thinking recently, I asked myself what faith is, and... Its I give u a car key, tell u, 'pls help me repark it' u don't stop for a second to think I just gave u a wrong key(doubt). But u head straight for d car, open d door, ignite the engine, believe it will move and...! Lord, I need a realistic faith. Thanks for za Reminder. Really nid to work on my belief

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Very appropriate illustration. I realize we can't successful use human knowledge to decipher the things of the Spirit. The moment we begin to use our very own human knowledge, doubt will unavoidably set in. I just pray God will improve our believe in Him.

      Delete

Post a Comment